- This policy covers how MCAR Cambodia. and its subsidiaries ("MCAR") treats personal information that MCAR collects and receives, including information related to your past use of MCAR services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that MCAR does not own or control, or to people that MCAR does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- MCAR collects personal information when you register with MCAR and when you use MCAR services.
- When you register with MCAR we may ask for information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information, business license information and other financial information. Once you register with MCAR and log in to use our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- MCAR automatically receives and records information on our server logs regarding your sessions on MCAR websites or through an Access Device (defined below) application (a " MCAR Cambodia App"), and those of its subsidiaries, and related cookie information.
- If you have first provided permission through your Access Device, MCAR may obtain location based information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. You are able to withdraw your permission for MCAR to acquire location based information from your Access Device through your device settings. The MCAR Cambodia App can use the geo-location features (GPS or network-based) to support your use of MCAR services and provide information about nearby vehicle auctions.
- MCAR uses information for the following general purposes: to contact you, to facilitate bidding, buying, and selling of items by you through MCAR and its affiliated companies, to transfer title and ownership of items bought and sold by you, and to comply with laws and regulations related to purchases and sales of items by you through MCAR.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- MCAR does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to (i) provide products or services you've requested, (ii) when we have your permission, or (iii) under the following circumstances:
o We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with MCAR under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help MCAR communicate with you about offers from MCAR. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
o We provide the information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or upon receipt of a request from law enforcement;
o MCAR does not otherwise share personal information about website or MCAR Cambodia App users with third parties unless doing so is appropriate to carry out a user’s request or it reasonably believes that doing so is legally required or is in MCAR’s interest to protect its property or other legal rights or the rights or property of others;
o We transfer information about you to sellers of items purchased by you, to buyers of items sold by you and to their service providers that they may retain to facilitate the assignment of items to MCAR sales venues, and to state and federal regulatory agencies as part of the title or ownership transfer process.
International Visitors and Customers
- This website is hosted in Cambodia. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Cambodia law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to Cambodia which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and by providing your personal data you consent to:
o the transfer of your personal data to Cambodia as indicated above.
Online Tracking Information and "Do Not Track" signals
- When you visit this site, other parties such as third-party advertising partners and analytics providers may collect information about your online activity over time and across websites. This information may include identifiers that may permit those parties to serve tailored ads to your device. Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a "Do Not Track" signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. Like many websites and online services, MCAR currently does not alter its practices when it receives a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor's browser.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to MCAR services and your account with MCAR, including but not limited to notifications, service announcements, and administrative messages without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Should you choose not to receive certain communications your access to or use of certain services may not be possible.
- MCAR may store your account information active in our databases indefinitely following the termination of your account with MCAR to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- If MCAR learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this website, a MCAR Cambodia App, or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this website or a MCAR Cambodia App. MCAR may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. MCAR may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at privacy@MCAR.com.
- MCAR takes your security seriously and takes reasonable steps to protect your information. No data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The following is a summary of the measures MCAR takes to protect your information and descriptions of ways we implement these measures for different types of information you may provide to us:
o Secure Socket Layer (SSL) - MCAR uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browsers window during SSL transactions that involve credit cards and other forms of payment. Any time MCAR asks you for a credit card number for payment or for verification purposes, it will be SSL encrypted. The information you provide will be stored securely on our servers. Once you choose to store or enter your credit card number on MCAR, it will not be displayed back to you in its entirety when you retrieve or edit it in the future. Instead of the entire number, you will only see asterisks and either the first four digits or the last four digits of your number.
o Vendors and Partners - MCAR works with vendors and partners to protect the security and privacy of user information.
o Employee and Contractor Access to Information - MCAR limits access to personal information about you to those employees who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
o Education and Training for Employees - MCAR has implemented a company-wide education and training program about security that is required of every MCAR employee.